Sunday, December 20, 2009

About Me #1

I am a C personality, and the part that I hate getting criticized is very prevalent in my personality. But I like to criticize my brother's music tastes :p So there you go, a paradox because by criticizing his preferences, it presents an opportunity for me to get criticized.


Anyway, today I am blogging about my music tastes so if you are very displeased with me, you ought to get out of this page now. If you want to discover some music, well you could try reading on for a few moments.

THESE ARE ALL MY OWN OPINIONS. (flame shield on)

When I listen to songs, I listen to them in albums, from the first track to the last track. I rarely skip songs during my first few listens. Contrary to the popular habit of downloading the hottest single and listening to it only, I prefer to listen to the album. Because the album is a complete work of the artist, which represents his/her/their efforts spent in the studio. Because I can't capture the whole message he/she/they is/are trying to convey through one song only, so I listen to the whole album. And of course, there are always hidden gems in the albums. The first/second singles might not be the best/nicest song out there, so I like to listen to albums as a whole.

I'll do away with photos for now, might upload them when I'm free. I'm not really jumping onto the K-pop bandwagon because I don't really like listening to stuff that I don't understand. But when I listen to korean songs e.g. Clazziquai Project, I will check out their lyrics. I think they are very awesome. Their music style is very unique and has some jazzy feel to it. Generally, I like songs which have this jazzy feeling to it, allows me to relax a lot. Their vocals harmonizes very well, and extremely soothing to listen.

I am also a sucker for female singers, thus I listen to Rachael Yamagata, A Fine Frenzy, Lenka, Florence and the Machine, She and Him and others which I can't remember right now. I like artists who write their own songs. I think they can sing it even better, with more feeling and emotions; instead of singing songs which are penned by others.

I like to listen to bands too. I think they are a very good group of friends, who have very good relationship with each other, which I envy a lot. Plus, they can work together well. I like to listen to Beatles, Linkin Park, Oasis, U2, One Republic. Not forgetting, sodagreen, since they influenced me a lot. I learnt a lot from their music. Something which I shall talk about next time, in another post.

I don't really do ballads, but I find some heart-wrenching. So I listen to Leona Lewis from time to time.

If I'm in the quirky mood, I listen to Mika.

goddamn wall of text, I'll stop here. MSN me if you wanna learn more!

3 comments:

  1. Fire Extinguisher. (Flame Shield Off)
    lol. Anyone wanna flame now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy's intro sounds similiar to MGMT kids. It's nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi...lc...can intro some clazziquai songs that you think are good?

    ReplyDelete