Sunday, November 02, 2008

Kudos to Stoke City, who managed to beat an Arsenal side who simply couldn't find their own rhythm.

Forgive my amateurish punter comments. Arsenal's attack for the match lacked the bite, the cutting edge.I only saw Walcott wasting final balls, crossing straight to the keeper as if it is some kind of backpass practice. He seemed distracted definitely, his body language showed it all. He was stretchered off towards the end. He should have had it coming. He could have tried a through ball to set Bendtner free, instead he ran with the ball.

Van Persie commited a schoolboy offence and got himself sent off. Adebayor seems doubtful for next game. Judging by the body language of the players, I think they had just lost their passion. They gave away balls easily, their attacks were neutralized by the constant tight closing down by the Stoke defence. They simply ran out of tricks. Seriously unable to understand what they are doing on the pitch

Song looked troubled in defence. Giving away balls, having a touch too many often. And totally unable to clear Stoke's throw ins. I still find it hard to comprehend Stoke's second goal. Arsenal is very much in trouble. A loss to Fulham, Hull, and now Stoke, just sealed their season again. A throphyless season. Next game : Man Utd. GG.

Forgive me, the Arsenal faithful, but I am a fan myself too, and I am utterly disappointed and speechless after the match's performance.

Gah, I think I should start watching rugby instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment