Sunday, September 13, 2009

I'll reward myself with sodagreen's latest album when I am done with prelim 3. Regardless of how terrible I perform for it.



如果有梦,请温柔的推翻这个世界~

-------------------------------------------------------
I see people are working hard. I see people are putting in effort. I see people fretting over their futures, the uncertainties. It is commendable. While I am rotting away.

So I ask myself. Do(Will) I have a goal in life?
I used to have goals. Under the illusions that being good in science would augment a comfortable life, I dreamt of being a chemical engineer, a doctor, a chemist or a dentist. Every parent would, ideally, want their child to succeed in life. To be a doctor or lawyer, to have a monthly salary that pays off nicely, to provide a good life to the family, himself. That is the perfect ideal situation.

However, I realised I do not have any sustainable interest in the field of science. Enough to ensure I pass my exams to ensure my promotion to the next grade, just sufficient to enable myself to obtain a graduation certificate (yes, the finish line is just ahead).
While my brother can easily shoot out profound words like some lactobasiasdasdasa, I couldn't be bothered with what/how you actually pronounce it. I doubt I will have much association with academic science in the near future.

So I asked my mother. Is it okay for me to do whatever course I want when I go to university?
Her response was reassuring. She thinks I will choose whatever that is the better for myself in the future. But I'll still do my better.
Not everyone can possibly give his best for every attempt right?

No comments:

Post a Comment