Monday, April 21, 2008

Thankfully, I'm so free today I'll post something more different instead of whining about my life.

The current situation has a serious problem. Dire measures are taken to ensure you get your distinctions. Teachers are encouraging people to memorise memorise and memorise to get outstanding results, and treat whatever notes they give as the holy bible of blahblah subject. Seriously, it helps and it kills. With so much burden already, people have to memorise the model asnwers and not use their brain to think and write properly.

So much for critical thinking skills. Like someone said before, photocopier, damn photocopiers. Word for word, sentence for sentence, people are able to do that, by pure memory work. Fucking pro I would say. As people actually have the time to memorise so hard and not do something else. Maybe spending time with friends is unconstructive. Doing the necessary preparations to guarantee you are 101% ready for the incoming air strike is definitely more constructive for you. Tsk, you don't even need the bomb shelter.

I'm an advocate of study hard play hard. If you do study and amazingly play alot too, then congradulations you have a life. If you stay at home and mug like no tomorrow, sorry get yourself a new life.

No doubt, studying is important too. Like it or not, your future depends on it. However, to me, there is a limit of how far I would go to ensure my results won't go wrong and I don't screw up my social relationships. I wish I am in a hedonism society, don't get the wrong idea.
And I'll end this post with this parting shot.

Study smartly, correctly and hopefully not blindly. You won't know what you have lost if you study blindly. There are much more beautiful things in this world than your blind obsession with memorising.

No comments:

Post a Comment