Monday, November 19, 2007

sec2 atc 2007.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Area 4 Adventure Training Camp in Pulau Ubin. Camp Resilience they called it.
Day 1
We met in school at around 1040. Almost the whole squad went to eat breakfast in the Bishan North there before going to school. Hehe, seems like our squad is getting more united xP. Anyways, after we fall in, we sat and the sirs taught us some new campfire songs and revised the old ones we know. After that, we boarded a bus to the Changi Jetty. Then we took the bumbleboat to Ubin. Man, I've been there just a week ago for the hike. Then we walked to the campsite somewhere near Noordin Beach. Just when we reached, we were told that we were late. Dumbfounded, we hurried and fall in with the rest. The first activity was actually tent pitching. For the first time, I saw the other schools people doing what we were doing during training. The CIs were very strict, keep shouting to us to hurry up. My tent compromises me and ryan, two kcps, one bpss and one ri. Luckily there was ryan :). Or else i doubt the tent would stand. I think our tent was the nicest in the whole tentage area haha. The tentage area was full of rocks, and pegging was hard to complete. But I didn't complain. After tent pitching, we played some ice breaker games and learnt some basic survival skills which was already needed in the hike last week. There was unit debrief before lights out, with yanhao sir saying something that was missing in us for teh first day. I think what he said motivated us as the second day was way better. Day 1 went by fast, after some games. Night sentry was up, luckily my shift was 1pm-2pm or else I would be sleep walking.
Day 2
The fire drill started the day and set the tone for today. Do everything with a sense of urgency. However it was seriously lacking in some people. Breakfast came after morning physical training. I like to cook, not joking. Enjoyed lighting up the solid fuels but people doesn't appreciate what I did. Took the stove without saying anything and it pissed me off a lot. Kayaking came next. Two man kayak. Argh i hate two man kayaks, slow and need to coordinate movements, but that's the most important lesson they want us to learn. The kayak keep drifting as I kept telling the joker which side to sweep but he has some hearing difficulties or problems understanding me. Paddling in Ubin waters is weird, way different from Changi as the water seems easier to paddle as if there wasn't any resistance. And the water stinks, wihch made it impossible for me to wash my face. I like to wash my face during kayaking, freshens me up hehe. Washed up and lunched, then came ATF. The second cycle required us to do rock climbing, low ropes and a maze which is completely pitch black. Unfortunately there was lightning and we didn't manage to do rock wall and low ropes. Damn, I never climbed a man made rock wall in my life before...The maze was completely black, full of obstacles that needed the people in there to coordinate the movements and inform each other of the incoming obstacles. ATF time was boring due to the lack of activity. After that, we washed up and dinner. Nightime Campfire time. The skits were mainly funny. The campfire was fun and interesting, especially the performance by the instrutors/officers. Initiative games was next. Then lights out, luckily no fire drill or sentry duty.
Day 3
Final day, morning pt then unpitching of tents. Sleeping in tents was a great experience. Very cold, so close to nature. Then it was area cleaning. Cleaning of tent sheets. Communication was important. Break camp was near when we changed to the Noordin Campsite. Prize Presentation! Best Motivator awards wasn't fair I guess, but nevermind forget it. The important thing is ruijie clinched the best camper award. Everyone thought it was gonna be sebas but it turned out the other way. I do hope sebas won't feel bad, because he seemed sad and disapppointed after that. Nevermind, at least CHSNPCC proved its point to everyone. After break camp, we took squad photos and did the unit cheer. Then we walked back to the jetty and bade goodbye to the ATC.

No comments:

Post a Comment