Monday, August 17, 2009

So here I am, blogging away and not using my time constructively.

Today is the end to maths honeymoon. Weekly maths tests are resumed after a two weeks break. I had really enjoyed life without the weekly maths tests.

I was doing amaths paper today. And the questions always leave me perplexed and utterly dumbfounded. While the purpose of a test, I believe, is actually to keep track and grade your progress in mathematics proficiency, especially so when the not-so-important-yet-a-life-or-death-situation-to-me (as described by the nervous and ever so helpful teachers) O levels is about to commence in about 70 days. After taking such tests, I feel sad, despaired and helpless.

Would you like it if almost the whole class gets like 75% or higher but you are only capable of achieving 60%? This shows a lot about the standard. Nonetheless, the lazy me will always promise to practise practise and practise in order to perfect my maths, yet the sloth in me will halt such enthusiasm when I reach home.


The only consolation that I can derive from is that
not every success in life has a high IQ, nor do you have to be damn good in academic studies to be successful.
Results is not the only determining factor of your success.

Who am I kidding?
Yet it plays such a big factor.

No comments:

Post a Comment