Sunday, August 23, 2009

After watching the Cataclysm trailer for World of Warcraft, the goddamn urge to play the game has resurfaced. Aw shucks, what a great timing.

Then again, this can probably be classified as a 'want'. However, a need is definitely different from a want. The basic needs are, if I remember correctly, shelter, food and clothing. However, in my world, relaxation or rather play, is a need for me. Without play, life is like a blank piece of white paper - nothing. So I - the failed philosopher who succumbed to the hedonistic life - shall classify 'play' as a need.

Therefore, if playing World of Warcraft sustains my interest in life, there is a need for a laptop/desktop to sustain my pleasure in playing World of Warcraft. Ultimately, money comes into play. And the distinction between need and want becomes murky again. To me at least. I do like to make things complicated, don't I?

And yet I seek solace in the sanctuary of the virtual gaming world, away from the complicated reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment