Wednesday, January 28, 2009

my dad.

How old are your cousins? I suppose most will say around your age or maybe in the 20s.
Guess mine. I have cousins throughout the whole age spectrum. From as young as 6, till as advanced in adulthood as 41 or maybe older.

Will you be married at 41 years old? My dad married when he was in a ripe age of 39. I'm 16 this year. He is 56 this year. Assuming I will be taking two year pre-u and a five years or maybe six years medicine course. By the time I get my first paycheck, my dad will already be ... roughly 65. When he gets to carry his first grandchild, he should be 67 or so, approaching the 70s. It saddens me everytime I realise the fact that I cannot bring joy to the family much earlier. Or rather, my parents cannot enjoy their life much earlier. My dad still has to slog it out for another five years or so, for my brother,sister and my education.

I can tell he wants to carry and take care of his grandchild. I can see it when he sees my cousin's two years old boy. The envious feeling that sparked in his eyes. The enthusiastic tone that came out from him when he spoke to the child. I can tell he is working very hard for the family. From the scars left by worry and time on his face, skin. From the constant drinking and smoking, citing it relieves stress and pressure.
I shall work hard to provide a comfortable life for both of my parents.

Dear Dad, you're not young anymore. Would you please spare a thought for your health and family? Stop smoking the damn stick of tobacco and nicotine and hazardous mix of toxins. I need you when I am approaching adulthood to provide me with sound advice. I need you to be my pillar. I can't contemplate the fact that you're gone.
Dear Dad, if only you would view this page.

No comments:

Post a Comment